It was an interesting effect, causing the paper to become translucent and firm, feeling almost like a heavyweight vellum when dry.
I was concerned about how the oiled paper would react with adhesives, but rather surprisingly, all those I tried on my cards and tags responded quite normally.
After making the background pieces, I blotted them well with kitchen paper to remove the surface oil and then left them overnight on the kitchen paper to "dry". There was no surface oiliness to be seen next day.
I left the completed cards and tags sitting in my sunny window for about three days to ensure there were not going to be any surprises in regard to the "stickability" of the adhesives before I made the video...
The first trick was to use a piece of cereal box with a shiny coating on one side, or some cardstock with a coated surface.
I adhered the oiled tag front onto the cardboard side of the cereal box tag piece, then adhered my backing tag, cut from a complementary coloured cardstock, onto the coated side of the cereal box piece...the cardboard side will soak up any remaining oil from the tag front and the shiny coating will prevent it seeping on through to the cardstock back...on the same principle as I had used card bases made from a coated card (silver and gold), with mats under the oiled piece to absorb any remaining oil with the original cards.
The second trick is to simply place the well dried pieces of oiled background paper between layers of paper towel and to leave them for a further twenty four hours under my Webster dictionary...the weight of the book and the absorbency of the paper towel should deal with any remaining slickness very nicely...I will keep you posted if this does not turn out to be true, or if I need think of other ways to minimise any oily residue...