I have been making a few box cards recently, useful when putting the Brother Scanncut through it's paces. I bit the bullet and repurchased the SCAL4 software so I could access all the SVG cut files I had purchased when I had the eClips machine. I had previously purchased the eClips specific software and so I could not upgrade from the SCAL3...ho hum, story of my life. At least now I can access the cutting files I had so all good now.
I have been very busy for some years now getting all my favourite recipes recorded into an electronic format and did not want to lose the personality and history of the handwritten items. They are now all going into the re-purposed journal, and while I would probably have chosen different colour/layout/embellishments had I built the journal specifically, I am very pleased to have both found a use for the item, and also have a place for this record to be contained, even if the recipes are redundant, having been captured in the e recipe files.
I have made a stitched junk journal for myself using the cover of a hardback diary, coffee stained papers, sewed in pockets and some very cute free printable tabs from Ephemera's Vintage Garden (thank you kindly!).
I made another, larger stitched journal for my daughter with a cover made from an All-Bran packet that turned out pretty well. Well, I mean that it went together well, the signatures are firm in the hidden binding, that sort of thing. I used ideas gathered from several sources, but in particular those videoed by by Jen at Jenofevedesigns. She has many great videos generously full of technique and advice for beginners like me. Another source of inspiration is Marianne at pocketfullofvintage. I had purchased some pretty printables and pages from Loves Paper Craft ages ago that I had never used, plus the remaining coffee stained paper I had on hand. These journals are a great way to use up some of those bits and pieces that seem to accumulate as you try out new techniques. I managed to get rid of quite a small kaleidoscope of butterflies when I put Sarahs journal together :)
I only have the small rectangle one, I think it's about 7.5 x 12.5 cm, but I have made some interesting backgrounds for cards. Lots still to learn here though. I picked up some additional acrylic paint colours last week and as soon as I have sent the first birthday paraphernalia off to young Spencer in a day or two, I plan to have some more time with the Gelli.
Obviously, I had first to make the paper beads...
So, while I haven't been idle I really haven't been up to sharing or engaging with others very much, but I'm looking forward now to maybe doing so again soon.