Firstly I cut up some of the cereal box pieces and made three of them into bookmarks. I adhered them onto a recycled couscous box (thin but very sturdy board), then backed them with a good weight paper to finish them off, as I normally make my sturdy tags. I am still working on these and they look ok so far...fingies crossed. If I give a book as a gift I do like to include a book mark.
Next I cut a one inch circle with a punch from one of the photo paper pieces and adhered it into a silver pendant bezel and added a glass dome...not a good outcome with this one...
I used gel medium to adhere the little laser printed fish onto the painty paper. I left it overnight to dry and this morning set to and wet it well before rubbing away the paper with my fingers.
I was pleased at first, the paper rolled away easily and the image underneath had transferred well...an added bonus was that I also removed some rather recalcitrant paint and ink stains from my fingers during the process....however, where the gel medium had dried around the edges of the image, I was left with a dull line that was very visible. Maybe I should have applied the medium only to the image, and not extended beyond the outline...
I rubbed away as long as I was getting any paper residue away but stopped once I was getting colour from the back ground and also noticed that tiny bits of the fish image were starting to lift also...I had gone as far as I could, obviously. I let it dry off and had a little think. I wondered if applying a sealer such as Liquitex gloss varnish over the piece would help to make the medium residue around the fish more translucent, but as you can see in the image below, this did not happen...it was not dry in the photo as you can probably see, but I don't expect any change when it does.
So, back to the drawing board I go with with image transferring!
I will try again, I really love the look of this technique. I have been doing quite a bit of research on this topic and several articles I read do indicate that not all gel mediums are created equal, so trial and more errors coming up!
Now, I just have to get in and work out where I am going wrong...wish me luck,