About twelve months ago I came across a rather cute wonky cat cushion/toy pattern...it's called the "Cat Thang" on an online site which I went ahead and purchased as it really appealed at the time...BUT I couldn't work out the pattern for the life of me and spent many many frustrating evenings, crocheting away, unpicking, rereading, etc ad nauseum...until finally I just put it away and pretended it had never happened...However, as usually happens with me, the thought of this unfinished bit of business resurfaced just recently (I really really hate being defeated by anything that should be logical), compelling me to another couple of tries at the monster, then I threw the pattern down and just made it up from how I thought it should be...hey presto, an hour later I was stitching on his big and unevenly boogly eyes. For some reason I no longer love this little guy, the appeal wore off many months ago. I no longer intend crocheting a couple of larger catty cushions, but I can now discard the pattern with gay abandon...knowing that it won't be sitting around in the back of my skull waiting to pounce one day when I least expect it! This little one has gone into the dog play box for next time they visit...they seem to relish anything with dacron stuffing, and should love having a cat to play with as dear old Pig really doesn't cut the mustard as a playmate!
For the second one I was able to use a card from my stash...one more down! Yay!
I finally finished some mixed media replacement covers for the two small journals I made previously with light weight grocery item covers that sadly just didn't seem robust enough to me.
Watch here or on you tube ...