This technique has been in my head for a while now so it was good to finally settle in for a bit of a play...Chris was prompting me from quite early on this morning to get in and get on with it...this art form seems to appeal to him even more than me...
The preparation was mainly about protecting the craft room from spills, drips and other minor catastrophes...to do this Tim produced a rather huge thin plastic drop sheet which would have covered the table top area several times over. Chris found plenty of newspapers for around the floor...I didn't want to risk slipping on the plastic.
Plastic drink cups, wooden tongue depressors,, the paint bin, water and a drinking straw, the few canvas panels I had in my stash, a large foil tray, some pushpins for panel elevators and we were good to go...that is after Chris spent ten minutes shaking up the Floetrol container...I almost used it without doing so, fortunately I thought to check and realised that yes indeedy...it did need a very good shake up before use.
The very first 5 x 7 panel was a dirty pour. We limited ourselves to just a few colours and white, plus a little gold and all the pieces we made this morning were made from various combinations of those mixed colours.
I have a can of gloss finish ready and waiting if any of the pieces look worth finishing off...if so Chris will need to get online and order in a few canvases...we still have plenty of Floetrol left and there is plenty of exploring left for us to do in this little adventure.
Thanks for dropping by...don't forget to stop in again soon and check out the next couple of posts to see how these little pieces finish off, cross your fingies for me,