I have often been a little disappointed to discover that dry Perfect Pearls, when added to a project, can rub off and smear onto other portions of the project over time, or when in the envelope, despite the recommended spritzing of fine water spray over the finished image. I hoped this technique may solve that issue for me. I decided to add another Christmas card to the pile. (Thinks: I must get the Caring Hearts pile posted off soon!).
I used Distress inks on the ornament images, rather than the PTI inks, as demonstrated, and this may have altered the outcome a little, as I found the PP gleam spread outside the image edges when buffing gently...but I was able to buff most of the stray gleam off the white card front again, by buffing into the image rather than off the edges as I had been doing.
Also I found that by buffing a little harder on the edges, I was able to uncover the more intense colour underneath the PP which added a nice edge to the image. I also added some glitter over tiny dabs of Glossy Accents, drew on some ornament strings and added a pine sprig die cut to complete the card.
All in all this technique gets a thumbs up from me and I will add the photo to the link up...I hesitated because the only PTI items I used were PTI papers...but I guess that still qualifies my entering.
I really liked her suggestion of using vellum as the mask, it worked brilliantly. I have a wodge of A5 vellum sheets (with tiny silver hearts over it), that I picked up from a bargain bin somewhere ages ago and rarely use, so it now has a fine purpose! I am about to add to the pile with a couple more Christmas cards, this time using PTI inks, just to see if there is a difference.
Bye for now,