It wasn't easy...I knew in my head just how I wanted it to look, but given I had no amazingly teeny tiny light garlands, or other cunning devices, I really did have some trouble getting the look I wanted.
Sometimes we just have to accept second best, and live with it.
Here is the card I made first (and put right in the bin it was so horrid).
I made a mask for each of the three decorated houses and used Black Soot DI to grey up the whole panel to make it look more like a night scene. I removed the masks and then decorated up the 3 houses using a yellow marker, Staedler metallic gel liners and a Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star pan.
I cut out a teeny Christmas tree and found a minute yellow star to glue to the top.
A SSS banner and stamp completed the front panel and then I adhered the lot to a red card base, using a low profile ds tape to give the house section a little dimension without compromising the postal costs.