The thought of high tea with gorgeous bone china crockery and golden cutlery, macaroons, gilded cupcakes and extravagantly shaped petit fours was endlessly appealing...(thinks..The Windsor in Melbourne, The Tea Room in the QVB, Sydney), but as I am someone who can absorb kilojoules from the printed page (and obviously this includes internet images), I decided a plain and simple card using simply the main colour and texture prompts from the mood board was more the thing...
I have been playing in and with various mixed medium styles lately, getting well messy and creating some pretty hideous outcomes.
I keep reading about how, when creating a mixed medium project, you should just keep layering and layering, mixing and adding, scraping and covering, changing colours and textures et al until you are happy with the result...WELL, maybe I am just too chicken to follow this theory through to a successful outcome...what I get is a mess and the more I add the bigger and thicker the mess gets.
But we needn't dwell on this...I just wanted to indicate that because that is what I have been doing lately, the thought of something tres plain and simple really did appeal to me and as I have some birthdays coming up...here's what I came up with for this challenge.
I used my Brother Scanncut to cut the sentiment from a piece of the gold glitter contact (it stuck nicely to the cutting mat despite it needing to be re stickied).
This sentiment was a tiny one I made some time ago and reuse quite often. I just needed to enlarge both words to be 3cm high to align with the BIG sentiment prompt.
I then added a piece of the pink contact to a scrap of card stock from my remnant bin and trimmed this down to measure 17cm x 12.5. I kept the edge pieces as they make wonderful punched pieces, like the small SU heart I punched from the gold to adhere to the back of the card.
I then adhered the sentiment pieces onto the pink covered card, centring them and adding a tad of liquid adhesive as I don't want them lifting from the card front.
I cut a piece of gold mirror card out at 13cm x 17.5cm, adding it to a cream top folding 27cm x 18cm card base which had been scored at 13.5cm. and then added the card front to the base using double sided tape.
A remnant of mirror card and an old TH die provided the little crown, a few flat back cream pearls and smaller gold ones completed the decoration...card done, nice and simple.
We have had a little very welcome rain over the past couple of days and the garden is looking a bit more lively...
Sarah, Karina and the dogs will be down for a visit, which will be lovely! Traditionally the weather is appalling for show day, has been so all my life...in fact no-one who is older than about twenty five, and who enjoys vegetable gardening will plant out their tomato seedlings until after Show Day, but as we have seen marked changes in the weather patterns over the past few years, all those old gardening myths and oral traditions that I knew so well from my father and others will be soon be gone as they won't be relevant any more...makes me feel old and redundant too!