Hers I won't post just on the off-chance she might take a squizz at my blog...but here is the second one.
For this card I produced a lovely deep blue on Neenah Solar White using Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire for the edges and some depth. I then clear embossed some fish from my PTI "Tremendous Treats Valentine" stamp set and bleached some of the bubbles and parts of the fish. I die cut the PTI number 5 from the panel and layered it onto four additional layers of the same blue cardstock as I used for the mat. This has given the number some stability and the lighter blue looks well around the perimeter. I matted up the panel and attached it to a silver cardstock card base.
I downloaded a cute font from DaFont called Mr Fish and used this to print out on vellum a "Today" to add to the panel. I adhered this to a resin sticky, then added some glossy accents to some of the bubbles and tiny hearts.
I used a TH alterations die called Festive Greenery and vellum to cut out some keply little pieces, and used Tea Dye, Walnut Stain & Forest Moss DI's to give the the right degree of colour to these pieces of sea weed. I then used the vellum die cut as a stencil to sponge on a few tea Dye and Chipped Sapphire branches along the lower edge of the panel, using the other vellum leftover as a mask so I didn't get ink everywhere...
Saw another good video by Johanna Clough where she showed how she altered a vinyl ring folder to use for storing snail mail. I especially like how she layered up doileys to cover the album....I have done a couple of these folders as I used to use them when I was working and needing to store many documents carefully, and had a few cluttering up a storage box, but I do take off the binding mechanism as I am disembowelling the item (or rather Tim does it for me with his trusty electric drill). Then after reassembling and covering the chipboard I replace the destroyed rivets with brass binding posts. I buy these in varying lengths at Artery and always have a few on hand.. I use these also when altering the little A5 chipboard clip boards I alter occasionally...I may have to do a tutorial on this process...it is quite useful to know how easy these rivets are to remove/replace. Sooo much easier to cover an item without them.
Better go, chores are beckoning...