I had great trouble getting any of the papers I was trialling to stand up to wet sprays as they simply buckled up beyond any bearing...there is nothing much I dislike more than paper with buckles... well, I lie...I know I dislike spiders much more, but you know what I mean.
I tried my own die sprays and the commercial ones I own, neither gave good effects, even on watercolour paper.
I was looking through the entries of a recent challenge post when I found a card, a colourful, single layer, masked and sprayed little number that really caught my eye, made by Michelle Upton.
I had been blogging away, being a good community member, commenting on entries as one should when participating in a challenge and hoping some of them would also visit my page. Michelle had written that she used the TH spritzer tool and a Copic marker to get the image outlined. Brilliant! I had an old SU spritzer tucked away, seldom used so I dug it out and found it much more successful as it delivers such a tiny amount of spray. I really don't have many markers so just used what I had. I now have a few single layer cards...yay! Thanks for the inspiration, Michelle.
As far as design and interest goes they don't really cut the mustard but at least I feel I have a tool that I can now use to work on acheiving something a bit more stylish. I have focused these ones on Christmas as I wanted a few more in the pile to send off to either Caring Hearts or local folk. I don't think that one should use under par cards for anything but these fairly simple ones might just do for the very transient life of a Christmas card, especially as I am not making them for an individual that I know and can put more personal aspects to. I do not send out many Christmas cards at all, just a few to folks who live away and whom I will not have personal contact and so I tend to make each of them very specifically and individually. These ones are rather mass produced..but I set them out on the table to think through the ethics, and decided they were really OK to go.