I must admit that the lovely stumpwork ladybird submitted last week by Jenny Jay got me thinking that I haven't done any stumpwork for ages...but not this past weekend either. We had visitors yesterday that we don't often see, so it was lovely having a catch-up with them and I don't regret the time spent with them one iota, I will have a lot more stitching time once this Uni course is over in about ten weeks, and this is my penultimate DT month...once the June entries are submitted, I won't have another deadline...that will suit me for about 12 hours, I'm thinking!
So instead of working on the Inchie I spent this morning on Uni work...we have a heavy week this week after the week long Easter break and a public hol. for ANZAC Day tomorrow...When I started thinking about the Inchie for this week I had on my work bench a part of a printed image page that I am using for the EVG project for May...I had cut off the portion of the page I needed and was about to pop the remaining small images into my EVG box for another time when I noticed the sweet little pink hydrangea image. That will do nicely! I cut it out with my square inch punch and edged it with gold acrylic paint. When dry I adhered it onto it's 1.5 inch square piece of mount board, then die cut several vellum butterflies using my very old StampinUp Beautiful Wings Embosslits die. I coloured three of the smallest on the underneath with a couple of blue SU Markers, brushed over the top with clear Wink of Stellar and adhered them onto the flower image with my fine Tombow glue pen...all good, Inchie done!