Dyeing the paper while I worked on the assignment was a good wheeze as it kept me leaping (albeit slowly), to my feet every three or four minutes to go to the kitchen and change the baking trays of paper and so interrupted my sitting time at the computer...we all need to monitor very carefully our sitting time (and that of our children).
The lads didn't have much of a chance to sit anywhere the past couple of days, they had a largish Dingo job to attend to that certainly kept them out of mischief for both days, although it did make them very very dusty and a trifle sunburned in the face despite applying sunblock copiously. They slept well once it was done.
It was just as well I bothered to cook as my brother called by for a coffee...he wasn't sure he actually wanted a biscuit, although he ate about six before finally making up his mind he didn't want one! He bought with him a lovely side of salmon, so we are looking forward to having that for supper sometime soon.
He is on a mission to help me find a white (or light, anyway), surface suitable for my workbench. I find a lighter surface better for recording, but need to find something that will not stain...he has great contacts with joiners and builders, so I have hopes of a solution soonish...I do want to try the changes to the bench before I invest in any more lighting.
Yesterday I decided to have a go at hiding the wire binding coil on a project. I really like the strength and robustness of wire binding on some projects, projects that can expect to get a lot of use, like photo albums, but do not love the look of the wire coils, or the way the wire can be bent out of shape if compressed or if it should inadvertently catch on something...I searched you-tube for suggestions and found a video by Heidi Swapp where she demonstrates with her Cinch how she does this trick.
found a recipe book I had set aside for repurposing, removed the interior pages, (which I reread last night to make sure I wasn't disposing of an absolutely essential recipe), used a green file folder for the interior lining and after only fifteen minutes had the project completed. It was very easy.
However, it is a bit on the small size, using only the 1.75 cm coil, so cannot hold much in the way of pages...I have yet to work out if a wider coil can be used, set into a thicker spine. Heidi Swapp indicated that only a small coil could be used, however, I think that may have been because she was also utilising one of her own file folders which have a small spine...so watch this space...(but don't hold your breath).
Also, the final readings and last very last unit quiz should now be available, so I am hoping to get them completed this afternoon, harroo hurrah!.
Bye for now,