Today I noticed a new video tutorial by Johanna Clough, (her first tutorial video, well done Johanna!), explaining how she makes her expandable envelope for journals with suggestions for altering it to suit different projects. It was just what I needed to add to the inside cover of my folio. I wanted a place for the recipient to store cards, notes etc. I have often left a workplace being showered with cards, photographs and letters that I like to keep together as they so quickly bring back memories of the organisation, the staff, residents, the stresses and the fun that was had...I wish I'd thought of these folios earlier in my life...shoeboxes are useful but hardly elegant! ;).
Anyhow, I made a pocket folloowing Johanna's explaination and it worked a treat.
I diecut a TH Alterations die "Hardware Findings" from grunge paper, painted it with Pitch Black acrylic paint dabber and adhered it to the centre back of the pocket after cutting a slightly larger hole with my Crop-A-Dile and slitting the brad hole a bit longer to ensure the ball of the hitch would pass over it easily. This process has created a pocket that should hold a nice lot of cards without risk of them all sliding out each time the folio is picked up.