What I learned was:
1. I used my Neenah solar White cardstock, which is the best quality for stamping on that I have on hand, but as I usually attach the card front to a card base, I didn't realise that I do need some heavier weight cardstock when undertaking a single layer card. I used to have some Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock that was lovely to work with, but can be a tad hard to obtain here in Tasmania. I imported my last little stash from America...I might have to do a little online searching for a closer supplier. It may well be available from someone now. Whatever, need heavier card.
2.In Jennifer McGuire's tutorial (link here) she suggested brushing silver ink with perfect pearls to enhance the silvery sheen...great idea, it worked a treat. It's not visible in the photograph but I brushed the sentiment and the base of the nest. The London Fog grey stick pattern over the nest base still shows through, a lovely effect. However, I must have been a little hasty and not allowed the Hero Arts silver ink time to dry on the sentiment. I smudged the ink a little as I was brushing the surplus Pearl dust vigorously off the card. No point trying to correct it, I would only make it worse! And as the card is a little too weak-kneed to send to anyone, it will remain part of my ever growing pile of learning tools.
But, I did stick to the plan, colour palette, stamp sets layout etc. all good...
Oh, back to the bags, I pruned the lemon verbena and dried the branches. Spent some time today stripping off the leaves and stuffing the bags. They gradually become slimmer as the leaves are crushed to release the wonderful aroma. I managed to fill several lavender bags from my one potted lavender plant as well, for the table linen cupboard.
Thanks for visiting,